Frequently Asked Questions


What are your fees?

I will work with you in order to find and agree the funding solution that works best for you. If you would prefer me not to work on an hourly rate I can agree fixed fees for stages of the work and capped fees for each piece of work. That way you will know what your required budget will be to fund my fees and your overall legal costs.

I would be able to meet you first in order to discuss and agree fees before I undertake any work.


Are You Able to Advise On Funding A Case?

I have a thorough knowledge and experience of the workings of Legal Expenses Insurance cover and I can help you to find a funding solution that is suitable to you and your insurers in Employment Tribunal cases.

I have conducted many cases in Employment Tribunals for individuals who have the benefit of Legal Expenses Insurance cover and I am aware of the constraints that insurers will impose when funding a case.


What type of cases are suitable for direct public access work?

I am permitted to accept instructions from the public in all types of cases and matters. This means that you can instruct me in such cases as construction and other civil litigation, county court and High Court claims, employment disputes and for the purpose of contractual advice and drafting. I do not undertake work funded by legal aid.


What are the advantages of instructing a Direct Public Access barrister?

The short answer is it is likely to be cost effective and you will receive advice upon the merits of your dispute or matter at an early stage so that you are put in a position of managing the risks of pursuing or settling a dispute or matter or of deciding upon the best possible conclusion of the matter. In the past you could not engage the services of a Barrister without first engaging a Solicitor to instruct a Barrister. Up until now, if your case needed a Barrister you would always be paying for two lawyers rather than one for this reason. Now, under the Direct Public Access Scheme,

Proudly Associated with